Angle_Factor is a small and fairly usefulprogramthat calculates the point-to-planeangle factorwith intelligible dialog boxesaiming at GUI.Angle factor is sometimescalled as "projectedratio of solidangle" or "view factor".Weare proud of Angle_Factor's marvelous capability,whichmay be helpful to engineers, studentsandresearchers.
Background theory, applied in Angle_Factor,is so called the Chasing Locus Method. Angle_Factorprovides a user-friendly interface, in otherwords, Graphical User Interface, GUI , whichworks on the platform of Windows 95, Windows98 or Windows NT.
- Angle_Factor is free software. You are welcometo use it. Published file is not source codebut only executable file. Anyone can downloadan installation file from here. You can copythat installation file, which is not recommendable,however. Because, if you do so, we can'tgrasp the entire circle of users, which willbe inconvenient in case of disseminationof further version Angle_Factor. Therefore,the download should be done by yourself,and also, you are required user registrationbye-mail.
- Angle_Factor was produced by the Urban andArchitecturalEnvironment Laboratory, InterdisciplinaryGraduateSchool of Engineering Sciences (IGSES),KyushuUniversity, which holds the entirecopyright.
- Neither Kyushu University, the Urban andArchitecturalEnvironment Laboratory norany of its employeesmakes any warranty,express or implied, orassume any legal liabilityor responsibilityfor the accuracy, completenessor usefulnessof any results or any informationdisclosed,or represents that its use wouldnot infringeprivately owned rights.
- This release is version 1.0, alpha-test.
- The program Angle_Factor delivers a solutionto you based on the Chasing Locus Method.
- From the viewpoint 5000 searching vectorsare emitted of which solid angle is keptequal. The locus of each searching vectoris investigated whether it is crossing theobjective polygon or not. Concerned anglefactor is a ratio of the number of the crossingvector to 5000.
- Graphical images, such as 3D perspectiveandprojected views would lead you easy inputtingthecoordinate data of the objective polygon.Oneof the specific features to be stressedisthat Angle_Factor has a huge Help fileuseda bunch of image files which is veryusefuland helpful. If you want to know detailshowto operate Angle_Factor, first of all,makesure to access the Help.
- Main portion of the source code of Angle_Factorwas written by Visual Basic / ver.6.0. Concerningthe core calculation, an external executablefile originally described by Fortran, isquoted by means of shell function supportedby Visual Basic. The Help file was codedby RoboHELP Classic/ ver.7.00. All of filesincluding above mentioned executable fileand requisite Windows system files are compiledand compressed into the installation packageby Install Shield Professional / ver.6.
- Download the compressed file, and then, decodethat at your Hard Disk, MO or some kind ofexternal media. You will find out 9 installationfiles of which total amount is almost 5.6MB.Execute "setup.exe" to start theinstallation. You can probably execute thatboth on Explorer and the specific folderpopping up from My Computer by double clicking.However, we recommend that you start from"Run" on Start menu after closingall other Windows programs.
- Generated files after the installation areunder "\Kyushu Univ\Angle_Factor"that is newly allocated under "c:\ ProgramFiles ". Total amount of those is about3.1MB.
Do you approve and acknowledge the contentof above document to proceed download?